Today is the second installment of 30 Day Challenge which I am doing in lumps instead of every day! I decided that it would be a great Saturday post for 6 weeks so here we go. You might want to check out my niece Carla’s blog at Random Ramblings where she is also doing this challenge! I am learning a lot about her that I didn’t know!!! Plus she is just one neat chica!!!!!
6. My views on mainstream music: Right now I am listening to WowILoveChristianMusic on Spotify but I must admit I have quite eclectic taste when it comes to music. I love it all–with the slight exceptions being nasty worded rap and too twangy country (sorry, Jake). I think all music carries such a message and even if the musical renderings are not what I would want to listen to on a daily basis there is still wisdom and talent out the wazoo out there in the land of music. I am and will always be a music fanatic.
7. Five Pet Peeves –only 5?? That might be difficult.
- People who do not think about the words that they say before they say them. Words can be so destructive and I have seen the harm that they can do. Once spoken they are very hard to take back. Damage can be done that will scar someone for life. Think, people, before you speak!
- Those Capcha phrases that are impossible to read in order to leave a comment. And have you ever clicked on the little speaker to actually listen to what it is that you are supposed to type in??? Try it next time–there is NO WAY on heaven or earth that I can figure out from that garbled mess what I am supposed to type in!
- People who use the restroom and do not wash their hands afterwards. Now I know that we live in a land of hand sanitizer and all but really—-I do not see these people whipping out their little bottle of apple scented Bath and Body Works hand gel once they exit….GROSS!
- Poor English like “I seen”. Yes—I am an English snob. Sorry. It grates on my nerves. Big time.
- “Manpris”. You know those pants that men wear that are neither shorts nor pants……ugh. Who ever thought those were a good thing to wear? I have seen plenty in my travels (especially overseas–must be a European thing?) and they look good on NO ONE!!! Save my eyes and my escalating blood pressure, please.
8.What I ate today–It’s early yet but so far I have enjoyed 2 cups of Keurig brewed coffee, a small bagel with butter and lemon curd and am now working on this delightful cup of pumpkin spiced latte that Savannah made me at the library this morning. She tried to make a pumpkin on the top—–I think you can figure out it is a jack o lantern…
9. How important I think education is: Well that is an easy one! I think it is vital to have educated people. I don’t think that everyone needs or has the desire to go to college but I do think that the key to life is to always strive to learn something new. It does not mean that you have to have to have a zillion degrees but that you try to further your education by every means possible. Almost every town has a public library (where I am right now) and access to that is free!!!! Find something that interests you and pursue educating yourself about it. Teachers are some of our greatest assets and we need to acknowledge that and help make their jobs easier….okay–time to get off my soap box but YES–education is vital.
10. Put your music player on Shuffle and list the first 10 songs:
- Back At Your Door—Maroon 5
- How Do You Ruin Me—Black Prairie
- Loser Like Me—Glee Cast
- Man in the Mirror–Michael Jackson
- Redeemed–Big Daddy Weave
- Somebody That I Used to Know–Gotye
- Night Fever—BeeGees
- Hallelujah Chorus—Handel
- American Pie–Don McLean
- Jesus-Friend of Sinners—Casting Crowns
That’s it for this installment!! Come back next Saturday for 5 more!!!