Today I thought I would share a real fabulous recipe for Florentine Lasagna Roll-Ups. This recipe looks fancy and difficult but it is a piece of cake. Trust me! For those wanting a vegetarian option this is the ticket and a tasty one at that.
I always find it is easier to assemble all of my ingredients ahead of time and have them all measured out in preparation. That way I don’t have to be running all over the kitchen getting the ingredients at the last minute. I also use a “garbage bowl” to throw all the trash in to discard it all at once instead of making endless trips to the trash can. It is a huge time saver.
But onto the recipe for this fabulous entree. Hope you enjoy it as much I enjoy making it and sharing with you.
Florentine Lasagna Roll Ups
12 fluted lasagna noodles (I usually just use the entire box–15-16 because who wants a few rogue noodles hanging around? Just decrease the amount of filling in the roll ups to accommodate)
2 TBSP butter
3/4 cup chopped onion (I only had red onion and it worked fine)
1 10 oz pkgs frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained well
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
1 cup half and half
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles and cool in bowl of cold water.
2. Saute onions in 2 TBSP butter until tender.
3. Combine spinach, onions,mozzarella, sour cream, egg and set aside.
4. Melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in flour, bouillon and pepper. Stir in milk and cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly while boiling for 1 minute.
5. Remove noodles from water and pat dray with paper towels.
7. Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of buttered 9 x 13 inch pan and place rolls in dish.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes –serve with green salad and crispy bread!