Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms (optional)
1. Lightly season the chicken with salt. Combine chicken broth and soy sauce in a small bowl. In another small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well.
2. Heat a large non stick wok or skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tsp of the oil. Add asparagus and mushrooms, if desired, and cook until asparagus is tender and crisp (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and ginger and cook until golden. Set aside.
3. Increase heat to high and add 1 tsp oil and half of chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes till brown on both sides and remove, repeat with rest of oil and chicken. Set aside.
4. Add soy sauce mixture to wok/skillet and bring to boil. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch, mix well and when it simmers return the chicken and the asparagus to the wok and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and serve with a side of brown rice.